Marcela Musgrove's Research and Publications
I have been lucky enough to have had a chance to develop expertise in a variety of areas within human-computer interaction and health informatics:
- Consumer health informatics, mhealth, participatory medicine, patient safety and global health
- User experience/usability
- Online communities, especially in mental health and autism advocacy
- Social media (twitter, facebook,linkedin)
- Mobile phone use (especially etiquette, cross-cultural impact)
- Digital Divide
- Research ethics
- Musgrove-Chávez, M.C., “Transnational Health Records: A U.S.-Mexico Case Study”, Transnational HCI Workshop, CHI 2011, Vancouver, Canada.
- Musgrove-Chávez, M.C. , Marcus, M., Villareal-Sosa, L. Call for papers for "special issue" on mental health, Journal of Participatory Medicine, Fall 2010
- Bos N, Karahalios K, Musgrove-Chávez M, Poole ES, Thomas JC, Yardi S. "Research ethics in the facebook era: privacy, anonymity, and oversight". In: Proceedings of the 27th international conference extended abstracts on Human factors in computing systems. CHI '09. New York, NY, USA: ACM; 2009
- Musgrove-Chávez, M.C.,”Towards a More Inclusive Intervention”, Technology and Mental Health Workshop, CHI 2008, Florence, Italy.
- Musgrove-Chávez, M.C. "IRB: Taming the Wild?" Usability in the Wild workshop at Interact 2007 conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Musgrove-Chávez, M.C., "We Have Never Been Mainstream(but we will be!)", Workshop: Exurban Noir, Ubicomp 2006, Orange County, California, September 17-21, 2006.
- Musgrove-Chávez, M.C., "Cell-less in Atlanta". Presented at Mobile Information Society “Seeing, Understanding, Learning in the Mobile Age” Conference in Budapest, Hungary April 28-30, 2005
Consulting Projects/Class Papers
- Wireless Glucometer Disruption (Group project, Spring 2011)
- Robots in Autism Therapy (Fall 2010)
- Residents, Work Hours and Sleep Deprivation (Spring 2010)
- Autism and Leisure (Group Project Spring 2010)
- Social TV: Ethnographic Research and Design Implications (Spring 2008)
- Making Sense of Latinos and the Digital Divide (Fall 2007)
- Technique Talk: An Online Community for the Technique (Group Project, Spring 2005)